Wow, after sharing the link to my blog today it turns out I have literally had a 2 year hiatus from blogging! Of course, that was very unintentional, explained away by many things. I won’t make any commitment to a regular blog going forwards but as always, my intention is to try to do more.
In the meanwhile, I wanted to post a list of the things I have been doing over the last 2 years, and I am going to pin this post as well because I have missed a lot of good blog post opportunities, occasionally reading this list may help me find content I can go back to and share which might still be useful.
So, what have I been doing?
- Becoming a parent
- PowerShell Conference Asia 2017 – Organizer
- PowerShell Conference Europe 2017 – Speaker
- PowerShell Conference Europe 2018 – Speaker
- Written and delivered a PowerShell Security workshop for Microsoft customers
- Worked on an Infrastructure-as-Code with Release Pipelines project for an FSI
- Completed 2 years as a Microsoft FTE
- Been a co-organiser for DevOps Days Singapore in 2017 and 2018
- Decided that I need to go back to having separate devices for work and personal stuff
- Attended DSC & DevOps Bootcamp in Las Vegas 2017 & 2018 making that 4 years running
- Started focusing more on Identity & Security (my original roots) and how to bridge those worlds to DevOps/As-Code practices
- Retired as an MVP but joined the MVP Alumni
- Developed my Technical Leadership skills through Microsoft internal programs
- Did some work to integrate Azure Log Analytics with a tool used by Microsoft Services to deliver Cloud Modernisation projects to customers
- Started working with Credential Theft Mitigation scenarios and helping the folks who develop the MCS solutions to “rub a little DevOps on it”
I’m sure there is a heap more things I haven’t listed. Hopefully some of this will inspire some upcoming posts.
Let’s see if I can start getting blog post a month up (not committed!).
Categories: General Update